- Open Devices & Printers and right-click on "CC PDF Printer".
- Choose "Printer Properties" (NOT "Properties")
- Select Advanced tab.
- Check "Spool print documents"
- Check "Start Printing Immediately"
- UNCHECK "Enabled Advanced Features"
- Click OK.
Remedy #2: for error 1802, caused by documents being stuck in the spooler.
- Go to Services: Start, Control Panel, System & Security, Administrative Tools
- Right-click Component Services, choose "Run as Admin", click on Services
- Find "Print Spooler", right-click, Restart.
- If needed, re-install Charting Companion.
Open the printers folder and check if any document remains in your default printer. This usually indicates that printing to the default printer failed and the document was not deleted. Trying to delete the document creates a crash in the print spooler and the printers might completely disappear because the spooler stopped working.
Restarting the spooler (see below), makes the list of printers visible but the document remains in the default printer and cannot be deleted. When this situation occurs, printing to any printer fails, adding or removing a printer also fails. Installing the Amyuni PDF Converter printer (used by Charting Companion) is not possible under this situation.
The user can resolve this situation by following the steps below.
The document that is stuck in the print spooler has to be deleted before any printing can occur, this can be done using the following procedure:
- Click on the Start button, select Accessories, locate the "Command Prompt" tool, right-click on Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator"
- In the command prompt window, enter "net start spooler" and hit Enter
- Open the printers folder and change the default printer to a printer that does not have a document stuck in it
- Open the previous default printer and delete all hanging documents. If the spooler crashes while doing so, repeat step 2 to restart the spooler
- When all documents have been deleted, restore the default printer to what it was before (optional step)
- Repeat step 2 to make sure the spooler is running