- Open up your family file in your genealogy program.
- Browse to and double-click on a desired individual to bring up the individual's information dialog box.
- Under Events/Facts, select the Add button.
- In the event field, enter the word Color.
- In the Description field enter the colors of your choice for the Fill, Text and Outline colors, in that order, placing a space between each color choice.
- Red Green Blue (RGB) Values (i.e. 255,0,0 0,0,0 0,255,0)
- HTML Color Codes (i.e. #FF0000 #000000 #00FF00)
- Color Words (i.e. Red Green Blue)
Tip: The following seventeen color words are support by Charting Companion
Black, Green, Silver, Lime, Gray, Olive, White, Yellow, Maroon, Navy, Red, Blue, Purple, Teal, Fuchsia, Aqua, Default.
If Default is entered, Charting Companion will use the color selected within the Color tab of the chart Options dialog.