To transfer your genealogy data from Ancestry.com, follow these steps:
- At the Ancestry.com Website, click on "Trees, then click on the name of the tree you want to export:
- Click on "Tree Settings":
- Find the "Manage your tree" section, click on "Export tree":
- Click on "Download your GEDCOM file". GEDCOM stands for "GEnealogy Data COMmunication", and is a universal data format for exchanging genealogy data.
- You will be prompted to save the file:
- Open the GEDCOM file with Charting Companion, and make great charts that tell the story of your family!
For further information, see Ancestry's Web page on this subject: